Friday, August 29, 2014

My First Post..

Okay so basically I hate introductions and talking about myself so instead I will talk about cats, because who doesn't love talking about cats! 

 My very first cat was named Sophie. My family adopted her about 11 years ago. She was 7 when we adopted her and was my very best friend. She is a big part of why I have such a strong love for cats. She passed away in May 2014 but will always be in my heart. 
RIP Sophie

I currently have one kitty of my own he's a 3 years old long haired VERY HANDSOME boy named Merlin. He is the best cat ever (okay I may be slightly biased)! But he is so good with my foster kittens- he sometimes goes by "Momma Merlin" because of how nurturing he is with the babies. 
Merlin is not your typical cat, he doesn't mind wearing this hat!


I started fostering kittens in May of 2014 and fell in love with it. I foster for the Humane Society of Indianapolis. This blog is going to be centered around my foster kittens, products I use for the kittens, and tips and thoughts of fostering. 

Now I have to share adorable pictures of all of my past foster kittens! 
First was a litter of 3 kittens. They were 1 month old when I got them. Two of them have been adopted by my parents and one of them was adopted from the shelter! 
From Left To Right: Sherlock, Tiger Lily (now with my parents), Olive (now with my parents)


I fostered these three bottle babies just for a couple days while their foster parents were away. 
How cute are they?!


These two babies came in separately but were both alone so I took them together. They became best friends! I got them at just a couple weeks old and just sent them off to get adopted yesterday! (I'll make a post later about the emotional sendoff)
Minnie and Mickey
And now I have a brother and sister. They are 2 months old (the typical age for spaying and neutering at HSI) but need a little extra care and love before they are ready to become adopted. 
Hazel (Left) and Gus (Right)

Phew! So that's all the kittens I have had so far.

I promise the rest of my posts won't be this long, but I had to share pictures of all my cute babies! I'm new to this whole blogging thing so bear with me while I get the hang of it. 

Until next time! 

2 comments:

  1. How did you come up with the name Gus? He looks more like a Henry to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hazel and Gus (Augustus) are characters from a book called The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. I will keep Henry in mind for a future foster kitten. Thanks for the suggestion.

      Delete